The HDMI cable is the newest and best digital video connection on the market. HDMI is the only cable that can transfer uncompressed high-definition video and multi channel digital audio in resolutions higher than 1080p. HDMI cables are convenient because they will allow the transfer of digital audio and video in a single cable, permitting a less confusing mess of wires and a cleaner entertainment center. They are backward compatible to all previous versions.
• 1080p Resolution. Audio Return Channel 3D - 3D is the latest rage for both home theater and gaming.
• 4K - The 4K resolution is 3840 x 2160 pixels @ 24 Hz.
• Deep Color - The Deep Color feature provides a minimum of 8-bits per color element (24-bits total), providing for a total of over 16 million color variations. x.v.Color - x.v.Color High Definition Audio - HDMI supports a full range of high definition audio types, including SA-CD, DVD-Audio, DTS-HD Master Audio, and Dolby TrueHD.
• Our High Speed HDMI cables - with Ethernet have been designed to meet the performance standards. They are backward compatible to all previous versions.
• HDMI Ethernet Channel - The HDMI cable adds a data channel to the HDMI connection, enabling high-speed, bi-directional communication. Connected devices that include this feature can send and receive data via 100 Mb/sec Ethernet, making them instantly ready for any IP-based application.
• Audio Return Channel - The new specification adds an audio channel that will reduce the number of cables required to deliver audio ""upstream"" from a TV to an A/V receiver for processing and playback. In cases where a TV features an internal content source, such as a built-in tuner or DVD player, the Audio Return Channel allows the TV to send audio data upstream to the A/V receiver via the HDMI cable, eliminating the need for an extra cable.
• 3D Support - The version of the specification defines common 3D formats and resolutions for HDMI-enabled devices, enabling 3D gaming and other 3D video applications.
• 4K Resolution Support - The new specification enables HDMI devices to support extremely high HD resolutions, effectively four times the resolution of a 1080p device. Support for 4K allows the HDMI interface to transmit digital content at the same resolution as the state-of-the-art Digital Cinema systems used in many movie theaters.
Cables & Etc is the owner of the trademark C&E. This UPC is trademarked under C&E. Any violation will be reported to Amazon without any prior warning.
I see a lot of the negative reviews are related to this cable not transmitting a signal. I initially had the same experience. I didn't think to test the cable before installing in my walls and I was livid when I got no signal through the cable after installation. I immediately started the return process and wrote the product off as garbage. However, as I was shopping for a new HDMI cable, I read some reviews where people bought active or uni-directional HDMI cables and didn't get a signal, but when they reversed the cable it worked fine. It got me thinking and I checked my cable and sure enough I unknowingly purchased a directional cable. Unfortunately, I'd overlooked the part of the description regarding its directional nature. It was easy to do. It's buried in the feature list with a a sentence or two devoted to it. Shorter cables don't need to be active or directional but longer runs tend to have that feature. Anyway, I took the cable out of the walls and tested with the source end of the cable connected to the cable box and the screen end connected to my TV. Lo and behold I got a great picture on my new TV. I ran the cables back through the wall with the proper installation and everything works perfectly. My advice is to pay attention to your installation and test any cable before installing in a wall. This product is probably a 5, but I'm docking it a star because there was no warning or instructions to highlight that it could only be connected one way nor was it prominent in the description.
I purchased this HDMI cord to plug my laptop into a flat screen tv. When using this exact cord I purchased, the video and audio signals constantly flicker on and off, so the tv turns to black over a dozen times a minute, even when the tv, cord, and laptop are completely still.
Picked this one because it was recommended by someone who claimed to have used it to extend their oculus rift headset.
I didn't expect it to come with an extra section on the cord like a PS3 usb cord. Once I saw the cable I was worried if It would even fit behind my TV. Upside down HDMI ports are hard enough as it is to insert a regular HDMI cord with...I didn't need some extra section on it that's not bendable to make it harder or make the cord useless on my tv. It was a headache getting this cord in...but it was 2 bucks so I cant complain too much.
I would recommend these cables because they are extremely affordable and work exactly like the more expensive options available on this website. I have had these cables and use them daily and have never had a problem with them. The HDMI cables produce an image that is crystal clear. The sound quality is just as great as the image. The cables are made out of a strong rubber material that will not deteriorate over time. I am sure that they will last a very long time and up until now have exceeded my expectations.
I'm not an expert but this cable seems to do just what I wanted. I needed a second HDMI cable to handle 2 up-converting DVD players to the same TV (plenty of HDMI ports on the TV). I had stolen the one since it also had the RCA cables and connected to the new DVD player. When this arrived I connected it to the first and moved the port the other was using (used to HDMI1 for the one device).
**Update (March 18, 2020): HDMI extender cable is still going strong without any issues at all since February 2019. Still super pleased!!**
These cables are rated at 18.2 Gbps speed however I've only ever used them for 1080p which has significantly lower bandwidth demand.
This product has given me a good clear picture. I am not sure if audio goes through this cable but it is also clean. I wonder why the cable is so thin compared to other HDMI cables I have. I think if I was to move it around a lot the thin stiff cable may not stand up. Having said that I will probably never move the cable again so it should work for ever. Great price.
Almost all HDMI cables are capable of displaying a 4K image. However, with devices such as Apple TV 4K units, a high speed cable is required to utilize 4:2:2 chroma subsampling to yield better clarity. This high speed cable is an affordable and compact choice.
Worked out to $2. Per 10 ft extension cable.
Needed a long cable to connect PC to tv. I bought it because it was on special and it had great reviews. It's a sturdy cable and it connects firmly into the hdmi port. I haven't had any problems whatsoever.
Bought this to try and extended my VR headset. Sadly, it doesn't work the headsets blinks blank and then shows a fraction of section display followed by black again. I'm sure the product is fine for other applications but not for VR headset extension :(
Cable is long enough as I wanted. Material is fair quality. It's seldom but once in a while cable doesn't connect devices. I don't have to get up to disconnect and reconnect like I did in the begining, I just turn off and on and cable gets back to work. I wouldn't mind to pay a couple bucks for a better one and not having this little inconvenience.
Utter crap ..stopped working after ony 77 days use...cant return it or exchange it----- utter waste of money no customer support offered.
Product was a little thin compared to other cables but worked extremely well, there doesn't seem to be any loss of signal. Product was as described
they work well, they project up to 1080p.
The extension cables work like a charm, and the price is amazingly low.
It is connected to Sony a7R II camera. However, it is not connected when shooting 4K video.
It does not work when I connect my macbook pro to an asus monitor. It is not my laptop or the monitor's problem because when I used other HDMI cable, it works perfectly. THIS IS TOTALLY TRASH!!!
It didn't cost a lot of money.