Platform:Xbox One Digital Code
Powered by Frostbite, EA SPORTS FIFA 18 blurs the line between the virtual and real worlds, bringing to life the players, teams, and aospheres that immerse you in the emotion of The World’s Game. The biggest step in gameplay innovation in franchise history, FIFA 18 introduces Real Player Motion Technology, an all-new animation system which unlocks a new level of responsiveness, and player personality – now Cristiano Ronaldo and other top players feel and move exactly like they do on the real pitch. Player Control combined with new Team Styles and Positioning give you the tools to deliver Dramatic Moments that ignite Immersive Aospheres around the world. The World’s Game also takes you on a global journey as Alex Hunter Returns along with a star-studded cast of characters, including Cristiano Ronaldo and other European football stars.
GAMEPLAY AND PRESENTATION
Powered by Frostbite
Attention to innovation in true-to-life action, new football worlds and character depth, Frostbite helps to further blur the lines between the virtual and real worlds. Using movie studio-style advanced shadowing and occlusion techniques to benefit character rendering and overall pitch presentation, FIFA 18 delivers the most visually arresting and authentic football simulation ever.
- Real Player Motion Technology:The all-new, game-changing animation system utilizes pose trajectory matching on every frame to deliver the franchise’s most responsive and fluid gameplay ever. New motion capture techniques and frame by frame animation transitions ensure gameplay accurately represents the reality of football. Real Player Motion Tech is the catalyst for an increased fidelity in movement for every player on the pitch, immediately taking authenticity to another level.
Player Personality: Six new character archetypes and new player mapping technology differentiate players on the pitch to give them their own distinct identity. For the first time ever, real-world movements, size and attributes inform how a player moves, allowing you to feel the life-like tendencies of the world’s best. Ronaldo’s signature sprint, Sterling’s unique turns, and Robben’s distinct arm movement are all immediately recognizable in FIFA 18.
Dribbling Overhaul:In FIFA 18, you will run at defenders with confidence knowing that the best players can change direction on a dime. New dribbling mechanics enable players to inject more creativity into 1v1 situations. Take more defined touches, make tighter turns, and explode into attack more dynamically than ever before.
- Responsive:Creative on-ball skills, contextual touches, and a re-imagining of the control dribble mechanic give players new options when building up attacks in tight spaces. Change direction with ease and feel your player respond when you escape a defender lunging to tackle.
- Explosive:Authentic and dynamic speed-based animations allow you to explode more rapidly from controlled touches into full tilt sprints.
Team Styles and Positioning
- New Player Positioning: With more freedom in motion, your teammates examine the pitch and react accordingly; darting forward in coordinated runs, or moving into space to provide consistent attacking support. New player positioning gives you a well-balanced and spread pitch with more opportunities in time and space to read the play.
- Team Styles:A deep set of authentic playing styles attributed to several teams put the most-recognized tactics on the pitch in FIFA 18 - now in AI you will immediately recognize the tiki-taka of some of Europe’s best clubs or the high-pressing style of teams in the Premier League. Feel a change in defensive and attacking approaches every time you choose a new club or opponent.
- Dynamic Quick Substitutes:All-new context based substitution prompts allow players to easily make changes without pausing the match. Whether it's a missed chance, or necessary response to conceding a goal, you can instantly decide if a change is needed without visiting the menu.
- Regional Aospheres: Authentic sun positions, cinematic aosphere grading, signature pitch-side fixtures, authentic broadcast overlays in La Liga and MLS, on-pitch debris, club and stadium specific banners, adaptive commentary, and changes in pitch quality all come together to bring the most immersive football experiences to life in FIFA 18.
- High-Def Dynamic Crowds:All-new individual crowd reactions and expanded regional chant support have you feeding off the energy of your supporters. Hear authentic chants build as you mount an attack, incite realistic excitement when you score and even interact with the crowd while celebrating.
- Wonder Goals: New locomotion and finishing animations unlock more fluid striking and heading, combining to increase the potential for more dramatic finishes. Player Personality ensures the heroes of the game stand tall in the biggest moments, finishing more often on the biggest stages.
- New Crossing Control:All-new crossing controls provide the player with a variety of options to put the ball into the box, creating dynamic attacking chances. Whipped to the spot, arching, and back-stick crosses increase the variety of delivery to accurately pick out the attacking player.
THE JOURNEY: HUNTER RETURNS
The World’s Game takes you on a global journey as Alex Hunter returns along with a star-studded cast of characters and top football talent, like Ronaldo and other European stars. After a breathtaking first season in the Premier League, Hunter is gaining recognition from top clubs the world over and he is willing to explore any options coming his way. He feels ready to take the next step, his future is bright, and the world is talking about Hunter….but life in football isn’t always fair.
Tour the Football World: From a summer break in Brazil, to a pre-season tour in Los Angeles, Alex Hunter experiences diverse football landscapes in a truly global journey.
More to Play For: Chapter-based, short term objectives give Alex Hunter more to play for as he navigates his way through the second season of a prospering career.
A Star-Studded Cast: Cristiano Ronaldo leads a list of footballing greats and new, diverse characters in a star-studded cast well-suited to a blockbuster sequel.
Impactful Decisions: Players will be faced with bigger and more difficult choices that will alter the story with long-term consequences. Shape The Journey narrative in a personal way by making decisions that dictate Alex Hunter's career and effect relationships with characters both on and off the pitch.
Your Alex Hunter: Personalize the look of Alex Hunter by selecting his hair, tattoos, and clothing from a series of options. You can even pick Alex's dominant foot to make sure he suits your playing style.
Local Multiplayer: Play The Journey as a team through local multiplayer, and experience on-pitch action with friends.
New Playable Characters: Now players have the option to experience short, standalone stories with new playable characters that Alex meets throughout The Journey.
Platform:Xbox One Digital Code
September 28, 2017
For a less arcade feel... I recommend messing around with the player selection, instructions, and custom tactics of FIFA 18 until finding or imitating your favorite real life tactic(s). With that in mind, this title is the closest I’ve ever felt to simulating actual soccer even when compared to pes 2020. Pes has realistic ai gameplay/general mechanics contrary to fifa 20 which is totally arcade oriented; but even the new PES is still a little unresponsive in both defense/offense as compared to my general fifa 18 experience.
No soccer videogame is perfect, not even FIFA 18, but this title is the best and by far the closest thing to the real thing I’ve ever felt through a videogame and I have played: winning eleven 9, fifa06,wc06,07,08,wc10,12,14, wc14, 18, & fifa/pes20 (been playing/watching soccer in real life for like 16 years).
With real life soccer knowledge rather than pure video game skill or transactions one can ascend up to division 3 on UT until you’d need more expensive players to keep competing. In regular online division matches, one can actually ascend to division 1 with pure soccer knowledge over pure videogame skill which is what I believe should be the goal of any FIFA ever to reward the most knowledgable players over those who just look to exploit the videogame’s quirks on every single play they have.
It’s also feasible to consistently beat any ai difficulty even if it starts getting a little cheap in world class/legendary with the ai finding unbelievable triple bounce screamers once or maybe even twice per game lol.
I find it most satisfying to lose/win on pro difficulty because I feel the responsibility of a win or a loss. In world class/legendary I can win 4/5 of those in a row and be fuming anyways at the end of each game and take a break from the game on a weekend xp cuz of how cheap the ai feels as one waay too forcibly pummels it into submission. On pro difficulty one actually enjoys or learns from winning/losing as it feels less related to extraneous factors and more related to the accumulation of all your inputs/decisions. The best soccer simulation out there imho for all the hardcore authentic soccer fans/players!
Code doesn't work, no easy way to get support. Can't get what I just paid for
problems with the gameplay, I do not like the problem of goal in own goal when the ball touches an opponent
First time im purchasing via digital code. Very satisfied.
Great game. Loads of content ! Twice as good as 2017. Must have for fifa fans.